Welcome to Our Eat the Rainbow Series!
One of the things I love most about vegan food is the variety of colour. Fruit and veggies come in such a beautiful rainbow selection of colours that I thought I would pay homage to this in a seven part recipe series. Each week I shall work through the colours of the rainbow with a new recipe inspired by that colour.
Indigo: Blackberry and Blueberry Yoghurt Granola Pot
I am still in disbelief at how beautiful the British weather has been this Bank Holiday weekend. The beautiful blue skies and the warming sunshine are so welcome after the recent grey and damp weather.
This vegan dessert is just perfect for the glorious summer weather, it is packed full of tangy summer berries, homemade crunchy granola and creamy vegan yoghurt. All these delicious elements come together to make the most beautiful summer dessert. Perfect to enjoy on your own or to whip up a big batch to share.
& Perfect for sharing
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Please let us know if you give it a try in the comments below and on Twitter (@whatsbeancookin), and make sure you pin the recipe for later!
Check out all seven Rainbow recipes HERE!
Vegan Blackberry Yoghurt Granola Pots
For the homemade granola*
- 200g rolled oats
- 20g chopped macademia nuts
- 20g chopped pistachio nuts
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g blueberries
- 250g vegan yoghurt (we used Alpro plain)
- 2 handfuls of blackberries
- 8 pistachios, finely chopped
- To make the granola, combine all the granola ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 5 minutes, then stir and bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown and toasted. Allow to cool.
- Gently cook the blueberries over a low heat for a couple of minutes until they have cooked down into a coulis. Allow to cool.
- In a wine glass, jar or other suitable container start layering up the pudding. Start with the blueberry coulis at the base, then the yoghurt, granola and finally top with the blackberries and pistachios.
Serve and enjoy!
* This will make more granola than needed for this recipe. But homemade granola is delicious and any extra will keep for a few days in an airtight container for your breakfasts!
PIN ME FOR LATER!