Always love to connect with fellow foodies on Instagram and Twitter – let’s link up! 🙂
Vegan Thai Butternut Squash Filo Pie
- 1/2 medium sized butternut squash
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 200g vegan Quorn pieces
- 6 sheets of ready rolled filo pastry
- 500g passata
- 1 tin coconut milk *
- 1 tin (225g) bamboo shoots
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 red chilli **
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chopped lemongrass
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Chop the onion, garlic and chilli and add to the pan alongside the lime zest, ground coriander, cumin and lemongrass. Fry until softened.
- Add the butternut squash and pepper and fry for a further minute.
- Add the coconut milk, passata and lime juice into the pan. Cook for 10 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Add the coriander, bamboo shoots and Quorn pieces and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Add the curry mixture to one large oven proof dish or to four small pie dishes.
- Place two flat sheets of filo pastry over the mixture to cover it and then scrunch up the remaining sheets and layer on top, brushing with a little oil.
- Place into a preheated oven at 190°C and cook until lightly browned on top (around 15 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!
*We opt for reduced fat coconut milk just to make it a little healthier!
** Add to taste, deseeded this will make for a mild curry, but add extra chilli and the seeds for a more punchy chilli flavour!