In my recent Cheesecake post I discussed my love for the chocolate and hazelnut combination. Today, I bring you another one of my favourite combinations, raspberry and almond, in a delicious pancake recipe.
If you are new to vegan baking and are wondering how on earth you can make fluffy pancakes without egg, the answer is in two secret ingredients, lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda. These two ingredients bubble up to produce light, delicious pancakes. Check out my Blueberry Pancakes post for another beautiful example of fluffy, vegan pancakes.
I love serving these pancakes up in a stack and covering with warm raspberries, vanilla yoghurt, ground almonds and a little agave syrup. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Vegan Raspberry and Almond Pancakes
- 120g plain flour
- 40g ground almonds
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 275ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 12 raspberries, frozen
- Stir together the flour, almonds and bicarb of soda.
- Mix together the almond milk and lemon juice.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking until a smooth batter is formed.
- Gently crush the frozen raspberries and stir in to the mixture.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a low-medium heat.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan to form small pancakes. Allow to brown on one side (about 2 minutes) then flip and cook until browned on both sides. Keep going until all the mixture is used up – keep the pancakes warm in the oven if you need to whilst cooking them all.
Serve and enjoy!