Anyone else have way too much kitchenware for their cupboards? We have glasses for every cocktail you could imagine, serving bowls every colour, shape and size and more Pyrex dishes than we can actually fit in our oven… But there is always room for more kitchenware, right? I am so excited to have bought a new griddle pan – because food obviously looks better with lines on! So excited for some griddled asparagus and aubergine – but first, these tasty quesadillas.
These quesadillas are crisp flour tortillas stuffed full of sweet potato, black beans, avocado and red peppers. The beautiful colours can all be seen wonderfully when the quesadillas are cut into quarters. They are great for sharing at lunchtime or make for a speedy weeknight dinner.
Vegan Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 200g black beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- chilli, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Pierce the skin of the sweet potato with a fork several times and the roast whole until soft.*
- Slice the red pepper and then fry in a little oil over a low-medium heat until softened. Season with a little paprika and cumin.
- Cook the black beans for 4 minutes in a pan covered in a little water.
- Scoop out the flesh from the sweet potato and mash, season with a little salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and chilli to taste.
- Brush a little oil on one tortilla and place in a griddle pan, cover with the sweet potato, peppers, beans and avocado.
- Place another tortilla on top and brush with oil.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Cut into quarters and serve.
*About 45 minutes at 190°C in the oven. Short on time? Microwave for approximately 10 minutes.