In our house we often have an argument about what curry to cook that night. I love a creamy, coconutty thai green and the other half loves a tomato based balti. Thankfully I have developed this recipe as a happy medium combining passata with coconut cream and it is delicious – compromise is key eh?
What are you favourite vegan curry recipes? Let us know below!
A creamy coconut curry packed with chunks of sweet potato, slices of pepper and oodles of flavour.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2x2cm piece of ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, deseeded
- 1 red bell pepper
- 500g passata
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- chopped coriander leaf
- a handful chopped peanuts
- Fry the onion, ginger, chilli and garlic in oil until softened.
- Add the sweet potato and peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the passata and coconut milk to the pan, along with the paprika and cumin.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until reduced down and a creamy consistency.
- Stir through some coriander reserving some for the top.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and coriander.
- Best served with sticky jasmine rice and a sprinkle of coriander and crushed peanuts.
- This recipe is a mild curry but feel free to add more chilli if you can handle the heat.
- For a lower fat version buy reduced fat coconut milk.