This is a fab recipe for using up leftover veggies – we used broccoli and peppers for ours but you could use courgette, cauliflower, carrot or anything else that took your fancy!
We served ours up with our hoisin “duck” pancakes and they were the perfect accompaniment!
Vegan Tempura Vegetables
- Selection of vegetables
- 150g plain flour
- 150ml sparkling water
- Slice up your vegetables finely so they will cook through in the oil. Do this prior to making the batter.
- Heat up 2cm of oil in a wok.
- Quickly whisk in the water into the flour. Start with 100ml and use the remaining 50ml if required. The batter should be a loose double cream consistency.
- Coat the vegetables in the batter and then fry until crisp.
- Take them out of the wok and onto kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
Serve and enjoy!