One of the things I have found hardest about vegan cooking is whipping up a creamy dessert without dairy. Thankfully there are more and more plant-based milks, yoghurts and creams coming to the supermarket shelves all the time which make life easy.
Also – why make a chocolate tart if you’re not going to make a chocolate crust? This recipe could easily be adapted to make with sweet shortcrust pastry but I love this chocolatey, buttery biscuit base. There aren’t many cheats in the vegan world but luckily bourbon biscuits are vegan and so I used these to create the biscuit base.
Vegan Double Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
Takes 30 mins,
Makes 6 small tarts.
- 6 bourbon biscuits
- 45g chopped dried dates
- 30g vegan butter, melted
- 110g vegan chocolate
- 4 tbsp soya cream
- 18 raspberries
- Use a blender to whizz up the bourbon biscuits and dates to a fine crumb.
- Stir in the melted butter and divide into 6. Compact each portion into a fairy cake tin to make a tart crust.
- Place the tart cases into a preheated oven at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and allow to cool slightly before stirring in the soya cream quickly.
- Place the chocolate and cream mixture into the tart cases and top each tart with 3 raspberries.
- Allow to set overnight in the fridge and enjoy!